Just like Granny made!
Carrot Loaf Recipe
This carrot loaf recipe came from an ingredients challenge on our social media using those in the photo below. We cheated a little and added some eggs and vegetable oil. It's based on zucchini bread, with the substitution of carrots.
192g of all-purpose or plain flour
Half a teaspoon of salt
Half a teaspoon of baking soda
Half a teaspoon of baking powder
Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Two small eggs
118mls of vegetable oil
114g of white sugar
One and a half teaspoons of vanilla extract
25g of grated carrots
1. Grease a flour tin, we used a 4x8 inches tin and pre-heat the oven to 165C.
2. Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, soda and cinnamon together into a bowl.
3. Beat the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together in a large bowl.
4. Add the sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well.
5. Stir in the carrots until they are combined well. Pour this batter into the prepared tin.
6. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, then remove and set aside, still in the tin, to cool for 20 minutes.
7. Remove the carrot bread from the pan and set aside to completely cool.
8. Store the carrot loaf in the refrigerator. It will also freeze well.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
The North-East of Scotland skies are under attack from an enemy jet. It is spilling a strange yellow smoke. Minutes later, people start killing each other.
Former Royal Air Force Regiment Gunner Jason Harper witnesses this and then his wife, Pippa, telephones him, shouting that she needs him. They then get cut off. He sets straight out towards Aberdeen, unprepared for the nightmare that unfolds during his journey. Everyone seems to want to kill him.
Along the way, he pairs up with fellow survivor Imogen. But she enjoys killing the living dead far too much. Will she kill Jason in her blood thirst? Or will she hinder his journey through this zombie filled dystopian landscape to find his pregnant wife?
The Fence is the first in this series of post-apocalyptic military survival thrillers from the torturous mind of Scottish horror and science fiction novel writer C.G. Buswell.
Buy the Paperback.
The 44 Scotland Street Cookbook recipes book is based on the character's favourite food from the series by Alexander McCall Smith. Written by Anna Marshall, and with Bertie, Big Lou and Domenica's help, you'll find Scottish favourites like Scotch Pies and Deep Fried Mars Bars along with international treats like Panforte di Siena.
If you like our Traditional Scottish Recipes and would like to easily share them with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
An army veteran moves his family back to Scotland, but his nightmare neighbour starts a battle of wits with him. Who will win this One Last War?
Buy this latest novel by Scottish author C.G. Buswell on Kindle or Paperback.
Advertise on Scottish Recipes Website Facebook and Twitter Pages from just £25.
Flags/Emblem of Scotland