Just like Granny made!
Mushroom Bolognese Brown Rice Recipe
This is Zanna van Dijk's Mushroom Bolognese with Brown Rice, a delicious autumnal warming recipe. Each portion provides 474 calories, 71g carbs, 10g fat and 21g protein. His recipe is for two people. It's list of ingredients are:
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
180g chestnut mushrooms
1 red onion
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp dried thyme
240g lentils in water (drained)
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp dried oregano
400g chopped tomatoes
80g brown rice
Large handful of flat-leaf parsley
How to cook:
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25mins until cooked.
2. Finely chop or crush the garlic. Finely dice the onion and finely chop the mushrooms and the parsley. Drain and rinse the lentils.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tablespoon oil on a medium heat and add the onion and garlic for 7 mins until softened.
4. Then stir in the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 mins. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, fresh parsley, dried oregano and dried thyme. Season with sea salt and black pepper and cook for 2 mins.
5. Then reduce the heat and add the lentils and the red chilli flakes (use as many as desired) and cook on a gentle heat for 10 mins, stirring regularly. Add a little boiling water to the pan if the sauce becomes too dry.
6. Drain the brown rice.
7. Serve the brown rice on two warm plates and top with the mushroom bolognese.
All delivered straight to your door along with cooking directions from Mindful Chef.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
The North-East of Scotland skies are under attack from an enemy jet. It is spilling a strange yellow smoke. Minutes later, people start killing each other.
Former Royal Air Force Regiment Gunner Jason Harper witnesses this and then his wife, Pippa, telephones him, shouting that she needs him. They then get cut off. He sets straight out towards Aberdeen, unprepared for the nightmare that unfolds during his journey. Everyone seems to want to kill him.
Along the way, he pairs up with fellow survivor Imogen. But she enjoys killing the living dead far too much. Will she kill Jason in her blood thirst? Or will she hinder his journey through this zombie filled dystopian landscape to find his pregnant wife?
The Fence is the first in this series of post-apocalyptic military survival thrillers from the torturous mind of Scottish horror and science fiction novel writer C.G. Buswell.
Buy the Paperback.
The 44 Scotland Street Cookbook recipes book is based on the character's favourite food from the series by Alexander McCall Smith. Written by Anna Marshall, and with Bertie, Big Lou and Domenica's help, you'll find Scottish favourites like Scotch Pies and Deep Fried Mars Bars along with international treats like Panforte di Siena.
If you like our Traditional Scottish Recipes and would like to easily share them with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
An army veteran moves his family back to Scotland, but his nightmare neighbour starts a battle of wits with him. Who will win this One Last War?
Buy this latest novel by Scottish author C.G. Buswell on Kindle or Paperback.
Advertise on Scottish Recipes Website Facebook and Twitter Pages from just £25.
Flags/Emblem of Scotland