Just like Granny made!
Haggis Cottage Pie Recipe
This tasty, hearty and warming family meal recipe will serve up to six people and contains about 600kcals per serving. The haggis cottage pie is easy to prepare and bake and uses lots of fresh British produce for a full-on flavour dish.
300mls of gravy or thickened stock
1 tablespoon of Worchester sauce
2 teaspoons of mustard
750g of Scottish lean minced beef
454g of haggis
1 large onion chopped up
200g sliced mushrooms
4 medium carrots, diced up
200g of frozen peas
1kg mashed potato
300mls of cold water
1. Prepare the mashed potato and stir in the mustard.
2. Fry the onions and mince until brown.
3. Add the haggis and mushrooms and fry for a further 2 minutes.
4. Mix the beef stock gravy and add the Worchester sauce and add this to the dish. Add the carrots and peas. Bring to the boil.
5. Place this mixture into an ovenproof dish. Cover with the mashed potato and bake in a preheated oven at 190C or gas mark 6 for 30 minutes until the top is brown and crispy.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Learn more about Haggis.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
If you like our Traditional Scottish Recipes and would like to easily share them with your friends and family please use the social networking buttons below:
Advertise on Scottish Recipes Website Facebook and Twitter Pages from just £25.
Flags/Emblem of Scotland